Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Visitors to this blog

I am utterly amazed by the number of visitors to this blog ... hope you are enjoying the posts. I have a tracking system that allows me to see where you are from (countries), which can be broken down to cities (or for the US, the 50 states), how you arrived (from another link or a direct visit). It doesn't tell me your email addresses, of course.
A few stats so far: since the blog started in July, I have had visitors from 66 countries and territories, 721 cities, and 45 states including Washington, D.C. (Oh wherefore art thou North Dakota, Wyoming, Idado, West Virginia and Delaware?) The top ten countries are the United States, Canada, the UK, Australia, the Netherlands, France, Sweden, Finland and Spain. The top ten cities include London, Washington, D.C., Melbourne, Poplar, Winnipeg, Berlin, Pickering, and in the tenth spot: Apeldoorn, The Netherlands. Very interesting that Apeldoorn is in the top ten.
The only continent not listed: Antarctica. This is not a surprise. Penguins don't surf the web, and the small number of human residents are largely scientists. I was delighted to see that at least one person in Iceland -- one of my favorite places -- has made several visits to this blog. No Chinese visitors (perhaps Royal Musings has been blocked by the Chinese government), but one visit from someone in Rwanda!
Enjoy -- even in Apeldoorn!

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, and please keep posting the daily happenings from other years, sorry English is my third language and I don't know the exact word for it.

Warm regards from Monterrey, Mexico

Marlene Eilers Koenig said...

Dear Blanca,

Your English is very good ... and thanks for your kind remarks.

Anonymous said...

Oh,I have just read your complete profile !

Marlene Eilers Koenig said...

Aurelie,

Actually the cats write this blog -- they have all the great ideas! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Marlene, I read your blog daily! I enjoy your historical stories and your comments about the current royals... I like this combination! I also have your QVD and the companion volume... Keep up the good work!

Greetings from Breda, The Netherlands!

Marlene Eilers Koenig said...

Thanks ... and I am always interested in new Dutch royal postcards :)

glamah16 said...

Isn't blogging amazing. Its like 6 degrees of separation and your contacts lead to you discover others.I love to look at my stats.

Marlene Eilers Koenig said...

I use Google analytics ...
It is a way to see if anyone is actually reading the blog.

Anonymous said...

Of course one has to view your blog
as it is simply the best and quality always pays off!!!!

Anonymous said...

I visit your blog almost daily and like it very much. Interesting stories and nice postcards!!
Greetings from Apeldoorn.

Denis said...

This is a great blog, so don't be so surprised at the number of visitors!

Keep it up!

Marlene Eilers Koenig said...

Thanks for the comments ..I enjoy doing it ... the postcards come from my collection although I really do need to go to bed before 1 am. :)

Anonymous said...

I may live in Virginia but I'm a native Delawarean--does that count? : )

Marlene Eilers Koenig said...

Doesn't count because you need to be in Delaware ... so far no one currently living in Delaware is reading the blog ...

Anonymous said...

I quite enjoy your blog. Little anecdotes and such about the royals are always fun to read.

thank you for taking the time to do this!

~Carla, from Woodward/Stillwater, Oklahoma

Marlene Eilers Koenig said...

Carla, you are very welcome!

glamah16 said...

I use that and Site Meter. Its nice to comapre and site metr really breaks down the time spent, location, etc.

Anonymous said...

Its all wonderfull stuff to read! I really enjoy all the new information.

Gerjo
Hasselt, The Netherlands.

Marlene Eilers Koenig said...

Thank you, Gerjo

Danjel said...

Helle Marlene, yes I write it too on a practical daily basis........and I LOVE IT!!! Thanks a lot!!!!!!!!